Week 1/Leadership Project Post: To Publish or To Present


So the question is, should I present or should I publish?  As a trained graphic designer my heart and soul is gearing towards presenting instead of publishing. This is an opportunity to present my AR project with colors, images, and design. I can display my passion for change in education and art.
Do not get me wrong, the world of publishing does interest me but I am not as confident as I would like to be with my writing.  I will acknowledge that my writing has improved since Month 1 but I believe that with more time it will get even better. I will stay within my comfort zone of creativity with visuals and choose to present. This does not mean that I will never publish, it only means that I am giving myself a little bit of more time to step into the world of publishing. My journey in improving education and myself will never be over!

2 comments

Anonymous | August 4, 2012 at 6:09 PM

I can’t prove that designers are better in art than in writing, but if I refer back to MI theory I can guess that your skills tend to focus on visual-spatial capacity, perhaps even on intrapersonal since you are a teacher and probably enjoy being around and teaching people. It also seems that you know yourself well enough (interpersonal intelligence) to make that judgement call to pursue presentation instead of publication.

Looking deeper into your above statement further verifies that multiple intelligences don’t work in singularity or independently of each other. Although you excel in the design side of life, you acknowledged that you have grown in your writing abilities since this program began, and that the potential to pursue publication will be right in its own time. And how you ended your blog post is quite lovely: “My journey in improving…will never be over!” I think this perfectly encapsulates all of humanity’s efforts to improve themselves and the world around them. The key is beginning with the self, and knowing it well!

jbb | August 7, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Always go with one's strengths... also, you obviously want to pick the mode that best suits what you are trying to communicate. Good luck.

Post a Comment