Week 2 Leadership post: Where Do I Want To Share My Project:


This has been a challenge for me because from the list provided majority of conferences have passed and no longer accepting applications. I would really have loved to present at a conference where digital media designer and educators meet but I have not had much success in finding one.  From the list Dr. Bedard has provided for us I have found three conferences that I will register to present my Action Research project.
This conference focuses on merging education and the latest technologies. I can relate to the efforts that this conference is trying to showcase. In my Action Research project my efforts include an interactive syllabus along with the use a learning management systems so students can be motivated and engaged with visuals through technology. Some of the topics within this conference encourage my Action Research such as “Emerging Tech for Education” and “Technology and the Common Core”.

This conference grabbed my attention because the topics that they are interested in for presentations suits what I want to present. Some topics that are relevant to my project are “21st Century Teaching and Learning” and “Career and Technical Education”. The one concern that I have is that they are not accepting applications until August 15, 2012. It concerns me because I do not want to fall short with my deadlines for this course. 

I would love the opportunity to present at this conference because there focus is to find and promote ways in which digital technology is changing the face of education. The ideas and concepts of this conference support what my Action Research entails. The only issue is that their conference has passed and they are not accepting applications at the moment. I am still including this conference as a choice because I would still like to apply for the opportunity to present in 2013.

1 comment

jbb | August 19, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Wow, great choices, good luck.

Post a Comment