Week 2 WIMBA Archive


I wasn’t too happy that I missed Wimba last Wednesday but a lot of changes are occurring in my department that forced me to miss it. I am hoping this is not the case for the remainder of the WIMBA sessions.
Again the videos provided in regards to Copyright laws were insightful and helpful. This new knowledge has inspired me to create a presentation detailing copyright laws because my students who are training to be graphic designers must understand, respect, and apply this law towards their craft and yes, Creative Commons and its 11 different flavors will be a resource used in my classroom. Rhonda, I agree that education within this subject matter must take place early on in the education system due to the digital culture we live in.  After gaining such detailed knowledge of Copyright laws, it was shocking to see the lack of information presented and given to us for our students in the Graphic Design and Animation program.
Fair Use is a subject matter that I need to continue to gain knowledge in because I still get confused with the restrictions of it. However, it’s an important aspect of Copyrights to know, especially in the field of Graphic Design so that incidents like what happened with Shepard Fairey, who created the Obama poster, do not happen to my students.

1 comment

jbb | August 19, 2012 at 6:30 PM

Thanks for reviewing the archive.

Post a Comment