PE-3: GarageBand: Thats a Wrap...


Another cool element in GarageBand is Magic GarageBand mode. It’s a way to jump start your writing and recording process. You can choose different genres, audition and assign band members, and play along with professional recorded audio loops. There are 9 different genres to choose from and you can preview them as well; some genres include Blues, Reggae, and Latin. Magic Garage Band does not write music for you but it can help you when you are new to song writing or music in general like myself.
Besides trimming, looping, and arranging music on the timeline, you can also record real instruments as well as mix and automate your music. Garage Band is not only for making music but you can also take music lessons plus create ringtones and podcasts. This is a great tool to add to my digital palette. I have completed my song with the guidance of Todd Howard through Lynda.com. In the beginning I was somewhat intimidated but as I progressed through the lessons I felt more comfortable with Garage Band. I do realize that I am still in the beginner stage of becoming the famous music producer of my dreams. I look forward to learning more about this program. This is a good start and it was a good experience. I really had fun learning Garage Band. I even added vocals to my song.  I present to you my first song, Ecstasy.



2 comments

Alf | January 29, 2012 at 11:32 AM

Vivianne, I LOVE IT! I especially loved the parts of the song where the voice chimed in "Ecstasy", bahahaha. It added an extra ray of sunshine or two to my day. Great work and I look forward to hearing more of your musical creations, especially ones that you think would be great as background music in future group assignments. ;)

Vivianne | January 29, 2012 at 4:24 PM

Thank you so much!!! I channeled my inner famous music producer persona!!!!! I had fun with GarageBand.

Post a Comment