BP5 RILS: Animoto Review

As I continue on my educational path to search for colors (web 2.0 tools) to add to my digital palette and narrow the focus of my RILS project. I have come across this one color that I find interesting and would like to explore more on what this color can bring to my classroom and R.I.L.S. Animoto is a web application that produces videos from user-selected photos, video clips and music. It analyzes the uploaded photos, video clips and music, automatically generating a movie trailer-like video with them. Animoto.com will help me continue the motivation and engagement from my 1st course students as they move on to their next course.

animoto.com


OVERVIEW

Animoto syncs with Facebook, Flickr, Picasa, Photobucket, and SmugMug to get your images in a snap. You can add text and emphasize specific images with the touch of a button. You can also add music, upload your own mp3 or choose from the collection of tunes in several different genres.

You can watch your video in HD on Animoto.com or share it on Facebook, YouTube, your blog, or a DVD. It's fast and easy to post to websites or download.

 

RELIABILITY / CONTENT

This tool is reliable because my students will be visually intrigued for their "Reflections" project. They can personalize it with their choice of music and images they created themselves. The content of Animoto consists of the users account where you can create your movie with the features of choosing your image, music and ability to share.

 

APPROPRIATE AUDIENCE

Animoto is appropriate for the GDA students because it reflects the theories of the GDA program, visual design and animation.

 

COST/EFFICIENCY
Animoto has different plans and pricing. The lite plan is free and it allows you unlimited videos and 30 seconds video length. The plus and pro plan has monthly payments and different features within each plan. Animoto also offers educators a FREE Animoto Plus account for use in the classroom. Its features can be used to create presentations incorporating images, video clips, music and text. Here is an example educational video.


OVERALL
I think Animoto is amazing. I look forward to exploring this tool further and implementing it in my DD150 class to see my student’s thoughts and experience. Please checkout Animoto.com.

Post a Comment