BP1- Salutations!




I believe everything around us has potential to become a canvas in need of some expression. I look at my classroom the same way. I want to create a learning environment where my students embrace the materials in a creative and passionate manner. I want to create a place where learning is FUN and visual, a place where students are successful when they graduate and come back to see me and tell me how they are still enthused and excited about the field.

Don’t get me wrong, I do have great instructors and I do have successful students but I have a percentage of students who do not grasp the material or get bored easily. These are students that I need to reinvent the wheel for.

So here I am, running the Graphic Arts department for a post secondary school, doing the
EMDTMS program at Full Sail, (mind you I have not been a student since 1999) and trying to change the face of education all in one breath. I am up for the challenge that lies ahead of me but I do it with an open heart and an open mind. So let the brush strokes pave the way.

So like I said, my classroom is my canvas and I have my digital palette ready. My palette is full of colors (web 2.0 tools) and ready to paint my curriculum and my learning environment with colors, visuals, and motivation. I hope you join me on this voyage and join my blog. Let’s paint the classroom together.

6 comments

Julia Hutchinson | January 5, 2012 at 1:56 PM

I love the metaphor, Viv!!

Vivianne | January 5, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Thanks a bunch Julia!!!!

Unknown | January 5, 2012 at 2:06 PM

Can't wait to see what the colors create.

Steve Lux | January 6, 2012 at 8:08 PM

Hey Viv, your blog looks great as expected. Look forward to reading your future posts!

Anonymous | January 7, 2012 at 8:21 PM

Hi Julia:

You should be an English major as well. I love the way you write.

Sandy Sosnowski

Vivianne | January 7, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Hi Sandy! Thank you so much for the kind words and for the follow. I just wanted to clarify to you that this is not Julia's blog. Her blog is - thedigitalclouds.blogspot.com. Again thank you so much for following my blog.

Post a Comment